Medical Marijuana to Treat Crohn’s Disease
The typical treatments used to relieve Crohn’s symptoms include antibiotics, corticosteroids or injections of various drugs such as, Remacade, Humira, Cimzia and Tysabri.
Recent medical studies suggests that cannabis oil has a much better safety profile and no serious side effects compared to other drugs used to treat this Crohn’s. You should be aware that note of these treatments is a cure for Crohn’s disease but will help control the symptoms and may be able to improve quality of your life.
In a recent studies, people with Crohn’s disease saw symptoms improve after they began using cannabis oil as it can be effective and doesn’t produce the side effects other medications do.
Why Medical Marijuana is Helpul with Crohn’s Disease
- Research shows cannabis to be an effective treatment for Crohn’s, not only because it helps to alleviate symptoms caused by the disease and pharmaceutical therapies, but because its use can sometimes lead to complete remission.
- Cannabis provides significant medical efficacy in the treatment of Crohn’s disease because it is made up of hundreds of organic chemical compounds, known as cannabinoids, which are able to bind to the same receptors in the brain as the body’s own gastrointestinal tract regulating endocannabinoids.
- The best-known psychoactive cannabinoid, THC, does more than produce the euphoric feeling of being “high.” It reduces inflammation and relieves pain, nausea and vomiting while also stimulating the appetite.
- Cannabidiol (CBD), the most common non-psychoactive cannabinoid, also relieves inflammation while producing clear-heading, calming effects. CBD is also an effective antibacterial, which is important for patients suffering from infected fissures.
- Like THC, THCA relieves pain, reduces inflammation, and helps to stimulate the appetite. CBDA also alleviates inflammation and fights infections.
Additional Reading and Studies:
How to Get Medical Marijuana to Treat Crohn’s Disease
The use of medical marijuana has been legalized in many parts of the United States, including Florida. You can get high-quality strains of medical marijuana that are available at regular marijuana dispensaries as well as online stores. All you need to do is prove that you are suffering from a condition that marijuana can help treat.
In order to purchase medical marijuana:
- You will need to have a state-issued ID card that can be easily obtained when you visit a qualified medical marijuana doctor.
- The board-certified physician will be able to approve your application for a medical marijuana ID card, which you will receive within a few days. You can use this card to purchase or even grow marijuana in your home for personal medical use.
- We will assess your symptoms, gather all your medical records, and take into account any history of other medical conditions before ascertaining the right dosage of cannabis to treat Crohn’s disease.